Senseonics’ unique approach to glucose monitoring is designed to avoid many of the problems of traditional sensor technologies and to provide an unmatched combination of accuracy and long sensor life.
Key design attributes of the Senseonics CGM System:
- Accuracy. Senseonics’ novel detection chemistry is designed to be highly sensitive to changes in glucose concentration, particularly in the critical hypoglycemic range.
- Specificity. The Sensor is designed to respond specifically to glucose, yet not be significantly affected by other substances at concentrations typically present in interstitial fluid.
- Sensor Life. The Sensor is designed to be inserted under the skin and to last up to six months of continuous wear.
- Skin Insertion. Sensor insertion is made by a physician and is designed to result in no sensor protrusion from the skin which may cause skin trauma, irritation or infection.
- Continuous, effortless monitoring. The Senseonics system is designed to automatically measure glucose levels every few minutes and alert the user to both impending hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.